Our 2019 Senior Team, captained by Gemma Duxfield (Royal Winchester GC), represents us in inter-county League matches as well as in inter-county friendly matches and the ten counties Inter-County Team Championship Scratch Strokeplay.
A number of friendly and league matches have been arranged for 2019; get in touch with Gemma Duxfield if you want to find out more about playing for the County Senior Team.
- You must be 50 or over at the time of the match (no upper age limit)
- Your handicap should be around 12 or below
- Matches are all played off scratch
A list of matches, dates and venues for 2019 can be seen below:
- Monday 8th April v Channel Island Ladies @ Brokenhurst Manor GC 10:00am
- Monday 29th April v Oxfordshire @ Hartley Wintney GC 11:00am
- Monday 20th May v Surrey @ Romsey GC 12:00 noon
- Tuesday 21st May v Buckinghamshire @ Harleyford GC 11:00am
- Monday 1st July v Hertfordshire @ Moor Park GC 12:30pm
- Monday 15th July v Berkshire @ Army GC 1:30pm
- Thursday 5th September v Sussex @ Hayling GC 1:00pm
- Monday 23rd September – Intercounty Team Event @ Woburn GC, Buckinghamshire
8th April v Channel Island Ladies @ Brokenhurst Manor
The first County Seniors match of the year was played on Monday at Brokenhurst Manor. The friendly match v Guernsey Ladies was played in balmy conditions and we enjoyed a great match winning 7 ½ -2 ½ . The course was in good condition for the 10 singles matches and we had a warm welcome from Rita, the Ladies Captain and all the staff at BMGC. An excellent start to the season!
April 28th vs Oxford at Hartley Wintney
The first Seniors League match of the season was played on the 28th April at Hartley
Wintney v Oxfordshire. The weather was kind and Hartley Wintney were most welcoming. Some great golf was played and Hampshire won 5 ½ – 2 ½ .Well done Ladies.
May 21st vs Buckinghamshire
The Seniors played a League match v Bucks at Harleyford GC near Marlow on May 21st. It was a tricky, interesting course and although the matches were hard fought we lost 3-4. Thank you to all the team and reserves. Well played Ladies.
2019 League Table – holders Hampshire in 2018
September 5th vs Sussex
The last Seniors Friendly match of the season was played in great spirit at Hayling GC on September 5th following the competitors in the annual Hayling Eclectic event! The conditions were relatively calm; we lost 1-3 but a great day was had by everyone and we were well looked after by all the staff at Hayling.
The final event of the season is a big one – the Intercounties Senior competition.
Good Luck to Chris Quinn (HLCGA President and member at Hockley), Helen Bailey (Hockley), Elaine Barrow (Brokenhurst Manor) and Diane Oram (Basingstoke), who are representing Hampshire in the Intercounty Team Event on September 23rd at the Dukes Course, Woburn.
The 4 lowest handicap Seniors from 9 Counties compete in this Medal Competition. The best 3 rounds are added together and the winning team is the one returning the lowest gross total.
A fabulous venue to see some great golf.