We will be the “controller” of the personal information which you provide to us or which we collect from you.
Information you supply to us
Competition entry forms
When you enter competitions and events run by the HLCGA, you will be asked to provide some personal information including your name, email address, contact telephone number, golf club, handicap and CDH number. This information may be collected by us via paper-based forms or electronically via email or web-based form.
We collect certain personal information about children when they enter junior competitions. This includes name, date of birth, address, telephone number, medical information and disability information in accordance with the Equality Act 2010. This information is collected via our player profile consent form at the beginning of each calendar year and is completed by a consenting parent or guardian. The form also collects information about the child’s parent/guardian including name, address, contact telephone numbers, emergency contact details. Further details about this form and our Child Protection Policy can be found at https://hlcga.com/information/child-protection-policy/
If you withdraw from a competition and are eligible for a refund, we will ask you to provide your bank details so that we can transfer that refund to your bank account. Your bank details will be stored securely in our online banking account and any communication containing these details will be destroyed once the refund payment has been made.
Contacting us via the HLCGA website
If you wish to contact HLCGA via the website, you will also be asked to provide some personal information including your name and email address. This information will only be used for the express purpose of contacting you regarding your enquiry.
Club Delegates & Volunteers
We collect personal information about you if you are a club delegate and/or if you volunteer with HLCGA. The information we collect includes name, email address, contact telephone number, golf club and in some cases your postal address. We will only use this information in relation to your volunteer or club delegate role and while you remain in this position with HLCGA. By agreeing to volunteer or by becoming a club delegate we have a “legitimate interest” to keep you informed of HLCGA business, news, competitions and relevant information via email which will enable you to perform your role.
Special category information
Unless otherwise stated in this policy we do not collect or process special categories of information relating to race, ethnicity, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, biometric data or sexual orientation.
Information automatically collected via the HLCGA website
You generally do not need to provide any personal information (e.g. your name, postal address or email address) in order to use the HLCGA website.
Anonymous visitor statistics cookies
Links to third party websites
The HLCGA website contains links to other internet websites including The R&A, England Golf and CONGU. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
How we use (“process”) your personal information
The information you provide us will be used in accordance with our legitimate interests to conduct the business of a sport association and provide services to our members. The data we hold will be used as follows:
- To conduct any reasonable business relating to the competitions/events that you have entered. This may include contacting you by email and or telephone about the competitions you have entered.
- We also publish start sheets, draws and results to the website. These documents contain the names, clubs and handicaps of anyone who has entered. Consent to publish this information is part of the standard entry terms for all our competitions.
- To answer any queries submitted via the website or directly to members of our executive committee.
- To maintain our relationship with you while you are a member of HLCGA.
- To provide you with the information required to execute your role as a volunteer or club delegate while you remain within this role
- To process refunds (if eligible) for competitions from which you have withdrawn
- To ensure we meet our welfare obligations
- To maintain accurate CDH records for our members in accordance with Congu handicapping guidelines. All HLCGA competition scores are recorded using Intelligentgolf software.
- To comply with a legal obligation
When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we will consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights under data protection and any other relevant law. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
How we store your information
We use a number of different methods to store your data both online and offline. In all cases we have endeavoured to take the appropriate measures to minimise and prevent the risks of unauthorised access to personal information held by HLCGA. HLCGA will never transfer your data outside the European Economic Area.
If we believe that at any time there has been an unauthorised use or breach of your data, we will inform you and the ICO within 72 hours of the suspect breach, in accordance with EU data protection regulations.
How we share your personal information
Personal data input into Intelligentgolf including your name, golf club, handicap and CDH number will be shared automatically via the Intelligentgolf software to update your CDH record and notify your home club of any handicap change resulting from your participation in a qualifying competition.
HLCGA will not share any personal data we hold about you with another third party without your prior consent.
How long we keep your personal information
We retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is collected.
We will retain certain personal information about you including your name, club, handicap and competition scores in order to maintain our archive records.
All other information will be erased once it is no longer needed.
The new General Data Protection Regulation, which came into effect on 25th May 2018, gives everyone a number of very important rights. These are:
- Transparency over how we use your personal information (right to be informed).
- Request a copy of the information we hold about you, which will be provided to you within one month (right of access).
- Update or amend the information we hold about you if it is wrong (right of rectification).
- Ask us to stop using your information (right to restrict processing).
- Ask us to remove your personal information from our records (right to be “forgotten”).
- Object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes (right to object).
- Obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes (right to data portability).
- Not be subject to a decision when it is based on automated processing (automated decision making and profiling).
- If you would like to know more about your rights under the data protection law see the Information Commissioners Office website ico.org.uk
If after contacting HLCGA you still have concerns you may contact the Information Commissioner, all contact details are available on the Information Commissioner‘s Website: www.ico.org.uk