Following on from the success of last year, the pathway will continue to provide an opportunity for girls on Jersey to receive monthly academy coaching; participate in fun activities and help to encourage player retention. As in previous years it is to be run in addition to and in conjunction with coaching that the girls may already attend at their own clubs.
Based upon feedback from parents and girls and upon reflection of last year’s programme; there are several changes to be introduced for 2018:
- To allow for additional participants and to be able to provide more appropriate coaching based upon ability, this year there will be FOUR separate sessions. Please see details of these groups on the following page.
- Participation groups will be 60 minutes long with preparation sessions running for 90 minutes.
- The cost for 6 sessions in participation groups is £30 and preparation groups £40.
Beginners and those players newer to the game are encouraged to join participation sessions while players aspiring towards attaining handicaps or working towards reducing their handicaps should joinpreparation sessions. sisters / friends will be kept together where possible, if appropriate.
Some of the activities on offer will appear to not have much obvious connection to golf at times, but these are included to help promote athletic development, teamwork and reduce the risk of injury.
It is hoped that some sessions will also be delivered by other coaches on the island to help promote the cohesive pathway that we aspire to.
To register, please download and return an application form & player profile consent form along with payment where appropriate to: Alex Mollin, Royal Jersey Pro Shop, Le Chemin au Greves, Grouville, JE3 9BD. All applicants will be added to the 2018 Hampshire Girls Edufii page.
For more information please contact
Alex Mollin – firstname.lastname@example.org
PGA Advanced Professional
ASQ Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Golf
Hampshire Girls – Jersey Academy 2018
- Sunday 29th April
- Sunday 27th May
- Sunday 17th June
- Sunday 29th July
- Sunday 30th September
- Sunday 21st October
- Preparation Group 2: 09.00 – 10.30
- Preparation Group 1: 11.00 – 12.30
- Participation Group 2: 13.30 – 14.30
- Participation Group 1: 15.00 – 16.00
Participation Group 1
Complete beginners with no previous experience.
Participation Group 2
Beginners who may have participated in previous Academy or other golf coaching.
Preparation Group 1
Players who are aspiring to attain handicaps or who have recently achieved a handicap of 36 or above.
Preparation Group 2
Aspiring players who are working towards reducing their handicaps and are participating in regular club / Island competitions.